this gun's for hire

Back on night shifts.

Seven nights in a row, ten hours per night, sleeping up to 10 hours during the day. This leaves me sitting on the couch eating breakfast/dinner for approximately one hour before work each night.

I always have this dread, this terrible dread prior to starting the week of nights. From about seven pm on Thursday night I slide into a funk. Sometimes it feels like I'm preparing for my own funeral.

I don't know if Bruce Springsteen ever worked as an emergency doctor, but he understands:

I get up in the evening, and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the moring, I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired, man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A sign of the place

Music 2017

A very boxy Boxing Day