Golden cowboys

Today I tried to convince Mel to catch up with me for dinner. Both she and Pen were busy working, and I was like, "WHY are you always working?" Which of course is ridiculous- as a shift worker I have learnt not to expect that other people will share my days off. Mel said, "Well, there's work to be done. If a guy was having a heart attack, you'd go and help him, wouldn't you?" To which I replied, "If a tree falls over in a forest, and the emergency tree doctor isn't rostered on, does anyone hear the crash?" *

Anyway, I had a Golden weekend at Golden Plains. I nearly popped with excitement at hearing Belle and Sebastian play. Ate too many delicious beatbox chips!! Hurt my shoulder playing totem tennis!! Listened to Joanna Newsome at sunset!! But my pick of the weekend was Justin Townes Earle, the hot cowboy son of Steve Earle. His music was great, and he was hilarious: "This next song is about a woman from Louisiana. And let me tell you something about the women from Louisiana- they will cut you."

I am becoming increasingly panicky about turning thirty and therefore am keen to maximise my *young* experiences in the next two months- hence music festivals. Again, RIDICULOUS, Lucy. And though I had a really great time, of course it was nothing like the time I would have had when I was 23. It was me and my Jason, hanging out, going to see the bands, running into friends. It was fun and in no way out of control. Saying that, I did drink too much cider and vomit on Sunday night But even that, my friends, was quite controlled. It really was.

*Of course I would help in a Good Samaritan-type situation, but that's not work, is it?? And I am acutely aware that one of the best parts of ED work is that when you are not there, you are not there.

Comments

  1. Just wanted to drop past and say that it's 2:35am and I'm still working.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A sign of the place

Music 2017

A very boxy Boxing Day