Housemates part 2

In 2005 I lived with Pen and Stu in a house next to Rose Chong's costume shop in Fitzroy. My room was at the very front of the house and I was plagued by snatches of conversations of people walking past my window. Worst were the suburban tourists making their way to Ladro's for a fancy pizza meal:

"It's so hard to find a park! It's all permit parking!"
"That's because the people around here don't have garages!!"

That's right, we had no garage. But we had a lovely courtyard and a sunny kitchen.

Pen: well, clearly I'd lived with her before. And to be honest it was a relief to move in with someone who had the same cleaniness standards as me. (which i would classify as 'moderate'. Moderately clean and occasionally very clean).

Pen's most notable habit was her penchant for running around the house naked. She liked to clean the kitchen and bathroom in her undies and a large pair of rubber gloves. She was always running to the bathroom in only her underpants, and then would yelp and grab her boobs if I came out of my room. This made it difficult to bring new boys home.

Stu taught us to pack a rugby scrum. He loves to drink scotch and every month or so I would come home to find him sitting on the couch looking somewhere between smug and guilty, nearly-empty bottle on the coffee table. He introduced me to 'Six Feet Under' and graphic novels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A sign of the place

Music 2017

A very boxy Boxing Day