Market Value

Things I would have paid more for recently:

1. A second hand copy of Maggie Alderson's book, 'Mad about the Boy'. Bought from the second hand bookshop in Porirua, a small town in NZ. It was well written chic lit, perfect reading for our disastrous weekend away.
Actual price: $2 (NZD)
I would have paid: $5 (AUD)

2. A glass of lemonade. Bought from a stand two kids had set up outside Jason's parents' house this afternoon. It was proper homemade lemonade with zingy bits of real lemon.
Actual price: 20c
I would have paid: 50c (I actually tried to give the kid a 59c piece but he insisted on giving me the correct change).

3. A sausage in bread with onion and tomato sauce. At the operating theatre sausage sizzle; I hoovered it down during a short break in an all-day neuro list.
Actual price: $1.50
I would have paid: Up to $6, given location and convenience.

4. Navy Kate Sylvester trousers (second hand). Bought from Industria.
Actual price: $50
I would have paid: $70.

That's it really. Everything else remains reassuringly overpriced.

Comments

  1. The kid was probably right to turn down your 59c piece, because it's not legal tender!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music 2017

A sign of the place

A very boxy Boxing Day