Easter!




















This Easter we went to Blairgowrie to stay at Thomas' beach house.

The day before we left I bought some watercolour paints and paintbrushes at one of the 2-dollar shops on Smith street. Bargain!! I have never really painted before, and as you can see, I am really very bad. I used to hate art so much in high school that I even volunteered to clean out the paint sinks instead of having to paint. But this time I found it incredibly relaxing and fun. Somewhat disturbingly, I just read an article suggesting that a new desire to paint is one of the first signs of frontotemporal dementia!

So, my mediocre depiction of our weekend features:
Jenn reading a book next to baby Niamh
Huw, Eva and Tara swimming in the deep rock pools
Nico floating in the surf on our inflatable pool toy
Dan and Thom making a fire
Jason chopping wood
Verity and I playing soccer
Tanya and Ao playing Kubb
Erin and Kath fishing
Rohan streaking
Pippen (the dog) chasing butterflies.
Chilli (dog) with a bright red belly from cellulitis
The tent blowing in the gusty wind.
Thunderstorms and sunshine.

The activities I didn't paint included:
a walk along the clifftops
playing Canasta by the fire
cooking delicious tandoori chicken over the fire
a night time run through the sand dunes
an easter egg hunt
napping on the deck

I also read quite a lot, finishing my latest book club book, 'The Sense of an Ending.' Next I read 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. It is loosely based on the Joseph Fritzl family-locked-in-a-dungeon case, written from the perspective of a five year old boy who was born in the 'Room' and spent all his life there. It has incredible momentum- once I'd started I actually could not stop. Then, on to 'Huckleberry Finn' by Mark Twain. The quintessential all-American adventure book?? I'll soon find out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A sign of the place

Music 2017

A very boxy Boxing Day