Autumn things

1. 'The Strays'
Emily Bitto's debut novel about the Melbourne art scene in the 1930s-1940s. A rambling house and garden, the Surrey Dive, evenings of Dionysian excess in the artists' commune. A great read.

2. Welcome to Night Vale.
I may be the last person on the Internet to catch this podcast. Jason and I started listening on our trip to Finland.  Although it's set in a small desert community, it seemed well suited to the isolated arctic landscape of Lapland. All Hail the Glow Cloud.


**


3. Lake Elizabeth, Forrest.
Jason and I went camping this weekend in the Otways, to catch some stars and some mountain-biking. Lake Elizabeth was created in the early 50s by a landslide into the Goulbourn river.  The dead trees in this lake reflect so well that it feels like walking around an immensely deep crater.




4. Lady-night
I caught up with Tash, Mel and Mandy on Friday night and it was FUN.  Tash drunkenly ordered a bottle of Shangiovese.  So of course I had to tell Jason's Sean Connery-DIY joke ("I have only my shelf to blame").

** The least terrible of my photos from our hotel window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music 2017

A sign of the place

A very boxy Boxing Day